Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Update on house and me

We have had a few open houses and according to the realtor on duty, we have had a lot of people through. Everyone says they like the view and the house is beautiful and then they leave.  We have not had one offer yet or even a return visit from someone.  I think there are too many short sales and foreclosures that people are looking at to get the lowest deal out there.  Those type of sales do take longer because the bank has to agree to the asking price.  I know I need to stay patient as we really don't need to move any time soon but I am so tired of having to make sure everything is hidden before I go out.  I am pretty quick about going from room to room to do this feat but just once I would like to leave a glass on the counter or a piece of paper by the computer.  I have been through this process many, many times and with kids too.  I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.  I know, patience, patience, patience...

I am having another problem with my left foot.  It has swollen up on me and I don't know why.  It was looking great and I was walking with no problems.  I did do an exercise that was a simple one that required you raised up on your toes and then down, holding onto a counter for balance.  I did it for maybe 10 times.  This was the one and only time I did.  I guess the foot didn't like it.  Later that day it started to hurt to walk; the foot was giving me pain.

I put an ice pack on it but it is not doing too much.  I have a call into the doctor's and they will call me sometime on Wednesday.  Well, I did have a week or so before something else happened.  Maybe this is my third problem and I will be free from problems for awhile.

I have jury duty this week.  I just have to either call in or look at the court's website to see if I need to report that day.  So far I haven't had too.  I have to call by noon and if I need to report, I need to get to the courthouse by one.  I can do this without a problem but it does make it difficult to plan anything.  I only have this week and then it will be over.

The weather is very pleasant again and I have all the windows open.  We really haven't had the hot weather that you expect in summer but we did receive a few hot days.  It wasn't like the desert or even the east coast.  We have been very lucky.


No comments: