Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Doctor Appointment

I was surprised that I was able to get in to see the doctor yesterday.  When I had called in the morning, I was told he was all booked up and that they would send a prescription to my local pharmacy.  His receptionist told me she would call me to let me know when it was faxed over.  When I didn't hear by 3:30-4:00 that afternoon, I called again to see what the status was on the prescription.

I was told there was one at the pharmacy but then she asked how close I was to his office.  I said fairly close and then she asked if I could come right now.  They had a cancelation.  I said sure and I went off to the doctor's.

Well, the doctor did check me over, ears, throat, lungs and this was the decision.  The ears were clear, sinus clear, but the throat was very red and he said it was probably strep.  Listening to the lungs, he heard whizzing and said that was pneumonia.  The cough, he gave me cough medicine.  I am on an antibiotic for the rest of the stuff.  He thought it should all clear up in a few days.  I am contagious for 48 hours, but I have been around people not knowing anything was going on.  I guess that doesn't count and now I could give this to someone else.  :-D

The other problem that I have been having with the numbness or sensitivity of my legs, bottom, and upper back is not all related to the shingles I had.  The numbness would only be in the areas of the shingles and no where else.  Any other place would be the MS.

I am going to wait to get over this congestion, pneumonia, strep stuff before I pursue the neurologist.

I want this illness train to stop and let me off!

No comments: