Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Possible Hurricane and other stuff

Wouldn't you know that a hurricane may be coming to the Carolinas'.  I don't think we will have anything to worry about with our house but I will be contacting people there to make sure our house is boarded up if necessary and other things.

We will be going to the house in October and hope to find everything just fine.  We were told that hurricanes very seldom bother that area as they are tucked in and the most they will have is rain and maybe some wind.  I really hope that stays true as our house is right up against a nature preserve and all I can see is the branches coming down from the trees or even a tree itself landing on our house.  Maybe thinking that way will prevent it from happening.

I am finally getting back to normal from all the illnesses I have had over the last few months.  I never thought it would happen.  I still have a cough in the evening I still need to deal with but on the whole, I am much better.  Hurray!

I will having an MRI done on Friday, August 26.  This was already something that was planned for but I am having one sooner than was needed.  The doctor's office had told me, when I was asked to get one, to try and have the MRI done closer to the next appointment, which is in October.  Because I had some issues pop up because of the illnesses I have had, I elected to do the MRI sooner rather than later.  If my MS is active, it will show up on the scan.  I am having the spine and brain scanned with and without contrast.  What this means is for any new lesions that may be active and where they are located, will show up brighter.  The MRI does not hurt but it is noisy but you get used to it after awhile.  I am going to ask to have the results sent to me too but I am not sure they will do that for me.  The findings will be sent to both of my neurologists and to my general doctor.

I have to make a call on Friday after 5:00 PM to see if I need to report on Monday for Jury Duty.  I was asked to be on Jury Duty six months ago but I was having the foot surgery so I asked to have the date moved, which I got.  Now I don't have another choice except to follow through and to see if I will serve.  Maybe I will luck out and there will be nothing on the docket for a jury.  I can hope anyway!

No comments: