Monday, September 8, 2008

The Surgery is Over

I had the surgery today. We arrived early but the waiting room was full. The surgery center starts early. My surgery was scheduled for 9:45. We arrived by 8:15. I signed some papers, paid the co-payment, and they copied my insurance cards. After about 10 minutes or so I was called to go upstairs to get ready.

I was given a gown, a hair net, and socks to put on. My clothes were put into a bag for safe keeping. After I was settled, the IV started, Dad was called to come up to stay with me. They couldn't find him. I thought maybe he might have gone outside to talk on the phone or to the bathroom. Nope! Couldn't find him anywhere. They finally called him on his cell phone. I had mentioned that I had forgotten my boot at home and he needed to go back and get it where ever he was. They called and he was on his way to get the boot we had forgotten. We were on the same wave length. So I didn't get to see him before I went to surgery.

I was told I would be knocked out and boy was I. I was given a shot before I was wheeled into the operating room and that is all I remember. I started to feel drozzzzzzzy and that is all. The next thing I was waking up in the recovery room. No pain, no nausea. I was told I would be given something for nausea before I was waken to curb that and it worked. No problems at all. YEAH!!!

I have to wear a boot for 4 weeks. No weight on my heel but on my toes. I use my walker to get around the house. I have crutches but so far I haven't been able to use those. We just don't want to get a long. No pain yet but I am sure that will come. I am glad it is over with and I can finally calm down. I have never been so stressed.

1 comment:

Abby said...

So glad things went so smoothly! Tony told us all at dinner that he had spoken with you and that things went well...so happy!:)