Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just a Band-aide

Well I have just a band-aide now. The area looks pretty good. It still looks like something happened but it is not one of those long scares you have seen people with after achilles tendon surgery. The doctor checked it and the tendon is moving much smoother now. I am also not having much discomfort except if I move around too much. Then it will get tired and start to ache. I just take a couple of Advil and it takes care of it.

I can take a shower without the plastic bag and worrying about getting things wet. I can't take a bath to soak, which is OK because we don't have a tub. I just have to make sure I dry the area off real well, and put the band-aide back on. I need to wear the boot for at least two more weeks. When I wear it, I need to make sure the area around the incision is padded so nothing rubs against it. Oh, and I still can't drive!!!

I was so hoping that I would be able to at this point but he said with the tendon we have to be careful. I go back to the doctors in two weeks and he will decide whether to put me in a lift for a shoe and then start physical therapy. The lift will be gradually decreased to a normal level. I am moving my foot around now to keep it from getting too stiff. What fun I will have ahead of me. I am just so tired of being at home by myself all day. There is just so much you can talk about with your cat..... besides he sleeps most of the day. See, I am by myself.

No comments: