Saturday, September 20, 2008

No more Stitches

At my doctor's appointment on Friday, the doctor removed the stitches from my foot. I think there was about 5 and a couple of them he had to dig a little bit to get under the stitch to cut it away. That was a little painful but it didn't last. It was a feeling like having a splinter and pushing to remove it. It hurts at the time but then stops once it is removed.

He then cleaned up the site and put medicine on, gauze pads and then wrapped it with white gauze. The doctor then put a covering over the foot to protect the site. The covering is like a sock. I was told I could not drive, could not put full weight on the foot, and to continue using the crutches. I had mentioned to the doctor that I had the the felling of wanting to put an ice pack on the back of the foot and he said I could do it now. He said to "listen to my foot." Now I know my foot doesn't talk (LOL) so I guess if I feel like I want to do something to it, I have permission to do things now.

On Wednesday, September 24, I will see him again. I think he will change the bandage again and give me a large band-aid to cover the area. I think I am on my way to recovery. Now the hard part starts with getting the foot back to normal. I have pain when I flex the foot up and down. This is the walking movement. This area will take some time to get better. He told me to start moving it but I already have been. I have the exercises from the physical therapist that were given to me from back in May.

So I continue to be waited on with certain things but I try to do things on my own. I am just a little slow but I manage. I may also be a little stubborn.... Gee, does that sound familiar to anyone? Nawwww....I didn't think so. LOL

No comments: