Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Questions are getting answered

I had a phone call from the admitting nurse last night to go over my information for Monday. I was just given the time to arrive and the approximate time I would be leaving. I am to be there at 8:30 and should leave by noon. The fasting (no eating after midnight) was emphasised. I could take my morning medication with only a sip of water. I will still have a phone call on Sunday evening from the anesthesiologist. I had my pre-op appointment with my general doctor yesterday and found out he also had the same surgery and he is doing fine. He has had no problems since. It has been good signs so far as this has been the second person that has told me that they were glad they did the surgery.

The trip to Las Vegas was uneventful. It was productive and all the paperwork taken, which was A LOT, was left behind. So the wait is on to see whether the VA Hospital in Las Vegas is theirs. Clark is also in the running for the VA Hospital in Long Beach, California. It is just a waiting game.

I did find some information about the surgery on the internet. It helped but it is still scary. Boy, a lot will be done. My leg will look ugly after all is said and done but i hope working better. I just wish I could have it done now. I just don't like the waiting. It just makes one think of things that may or may not happen. Will the cut be a small one as the doctor said it would be or will he find something and have to do a larger one? I know, I am taking things one day at a time. I just want it over with.

No comments: