Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Remodeling Part 2

We had the second person out last night but he forgot the bid for the bathroom. He was there also to give us a bid for the kitchen so he said he would have them both to us by Thursday. Dad has been so stressed about this remodeling project and yet he was the one that started the process. He is upset because I am not able to do the running around to look at things like I did before with the other projects. Right now he has to be my driver which means he has to fit in the doctor appointments, visits to appliance stores, etc. and go to work and handle the meetings he has there. Now of course he does have those golf outings put on by the subcontractors that he needs to attend for business. It is PR....

So he complains about everything. He was OK with the low bid from the one contractor we had but then the more he thought about it, he was very uneasy about the lack of years in business. He had already checked them out and they were OK but they were not good enough. He didn't want this other contractor to come out either so he asked me to cancel him. I called and cancelled.

No more than 3-4 hours later, he changes his mind and wants him to come out to give us a bid. I am on the phone this morning trying to see if I can get him to come back tonight for his original appointment. If not, I will have to handle the appointment myself during the day because Dad won't be able to attend because of work. He has a meet and greet on Thursday night and his golf outing on Friday.

I am trying my best to do what I can to help. I am going to be the one that will be here during all the construction. He doesn't like the noise and does not want to be around it. I have missed going to my support group for the last month because I haven't been able to drive. It is going into the next month and I don't want to continue missing so I am going to have to call a taxi to go to the meeting. I don't have anyone around that can give me a ride. Dad has a golf outing on the day of my meeting so he is unavailable.

This remodeling project is going to be stressful. I am looking forward to having it done but at the rate of the stress it is taking on Dad already, it may not happen. Stay tuned!

No comments: