Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The healing goes on

Well it is the second day from surgery and things have been going OK. I can not move around very fast but I am using the crutches. I will be taking a shower tomorrow which will be a big deal. Doing everything you need to do but to make sure the dressing on the foot stays dry. What fun, what fun.

I see the doctor on Friday and I will see what the foot looks like then. I will find out what the outlook will be for me as to when I start physical therapy, when I can drive, when I can walk on my foot. I don't have a lot of pain but enough to know its there. I am hoping that there is a lot of padding around the tendon and it is not swelling that I am seeing. If it is swelling then I have a very big foot or really the ankle.

I am not supposed to do anything except to rest and keep my foot up. Do you know who boring that is? I am sure someone does... It won't be forever but right now I am going nuts. I want to do something. Patience, patience... I'm trying.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I completely feel your pain... I had to lay around and do nothing - for SIX WEEKS ! Seemed like forever... but it too will end. What about the internet? There is always something interesting to do online. Crochet? Movies? You have many more options because you can sit, right?

Good luck on Friday - hope the Dr. has good news and you are on your way to a fast recovery.

- Michelle