Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Follow Up

I saw the doctor on Friday. He took off the old bandage to have a look at how things were going. He asked me to see if I was OK about looking at it and I told him I was. I guess there are those that don't want to see or are afraid to see. I was expecting to see a big incision but it was small. It was like a small square. The doctor cleaned it up and took a look. He saw some redness and thought I might be having an infection. I am now on an antibiotic three times a day for about a week.

He bandaged it back up and told me I may have the stitches out next Friday. If not then, it might be another 3 or 4 days after that. I am still not able to drive, I am still to take it easy and not to use my foot very much. Sit and keep my foot up. I didn't have any swelling so I guess I was doing it right. The physical therapy does not start for at least 4-6 weeks. He doesn't want them doing anything to the achilles tendon for awhile. I was told originally 3 weeks to be in the boot. The length has been changed. The doctor has the experience.

There was a nodule that he did not take out of the tendon as it would have made it very unstable. If he had, I would have been 6 weeks non-weight bearing before moving on to other things. I guess I will deal with the 4 weeks of crutches and wearing of the boot.

Dad goes back to work on Monday. I will be myself which is OK. I can do things but just at a slower pass. Dad will have to take me to appointments so I have to work with his schedule. I sure am going to get tired of these 4 walls.

No comments: