Saturday, January 17, 2015

Infusion went very well

I arrived at the Palmetto Infusion Services Center a little earlier than my appointment time but they took me right in.  I sat on one their oversized recliners and waited for things to happen.  Because I was new, I had to sign and read quite a few documents as well as having a new nurse in the unit doing the prep work.  Christine wasn't new as a new graduate, she was new to the Infusion center.  She had many years as a nurse and in doing infusions.  She served in the Military and had many years doing the same thing, starting IV's and taking care of personnel.

When it was time to find that all elusive vein, I told her not to go for the hand but the wrist.  Nope, she would not listen to me because she said she had been dealing with many patients and said they always want a certain area all the time for infusions and she new best.  Guess what?  She wasn't successful and had to get a vein in my wrist like I had told her.  Of course she had a reason why it didn't work.  It just left me with an ugly bruise on top of my hand.

I have not had any side effects so far (knock on wood) and I hope that stays true.  I haven't seen any changes in my ability to get around but I don't expect to because this is not a drug to reverse anything, it is a drug to slow down the progression.  Progression will still happen but only at a slower speed.  At least this is what the information said.

Palmetto Infusion Services also have doctors on staff.  I feel better knowing this for that "just in case" feeling.

I really feel pretty well.  I still have my moments but I know how to deal with them.  I get frustrated when I have to decline going anywhere because of my MS at times.  I want to have that normal feeling again.  To be able to have fun without checking myself that I am not over doing and causing more of an issue for me.  Taking a long trip or a long day of shopping without some sitting will usually cause me to need a day to recoup.  The long drive will stiffen up my legs so when I start to walk, it takes a while to get those old legs moving.  I am just not able to go, go, go.  Ah, the trials of MS.  I just have to laugh and continue on.  What else can I do?

No comments: