Sunday, January 11, 2015

Here's to a better week

I do have my appointment now for the Tysabri infusion for this Thursday, January 15.  I had to get my doctor's OK to start this drug as Palmetto Infusion Services. the company setting this up for me, did not want to consent to the new drug infusion without having the doctor give his blessing.

I don't fault them for being cautious because many people are "Let's Sue" happy.  I was just frustrated that I had to go through another hoop to get this done.

I have also wanted a new wheelchair and asked about getting a new one back in July 2014.  It is now January 2015 and it is still trying to get through the insurance maze.  I only have until January 24 before I would need to go for another evaluation and start this process all over again.  I am hoping for some good news in a few days.

Of course, I am being told by my better half that I don't need a wheelchair now.  I am doing better because I have used my bike.  I have only used it maybe 3 times so far.  When I get off, I am not as steady as someone should be without any difficulties.  I enjoy the bike and Frankie enjoys riding in the basket on the front.  He doesn't do this until he has walked pretty much the whole route and hopefully done his business.  It amazes me how much faster he walks when he is following the bike.

My days can be either good or bad or even somewhere in between.  I don't walk straight but I still walk.  I can't go for long walks but I do a little.  My memory (short term) is really bad.  Don't rattle off a bunch of things to me and expect me to remember everything.  I usually will have to ask you again and again what was said.

These are just frustrations I deal with daily.  I try to make my day as normal as possible.  There are days when my legs will show me that this day is not going to be a good one and I have to change my plans.  I also have the problem of pushing myself to far too.  I also pay that price too with exhaustion and problems with movement.

I don't know if Tysabri will help me.  I am going to give it a shot, though, in hopes it will stabilize things for me.  It won't cure me but with the hope it will just slow progression down.  I am not in a wheelchair now and I am still able to get around.  This I am very grateful.

I thank everyone who has given me suggestions to help with this disease.  I take all the information and really do further research.  Do I expect a cure soon?  No I don't.  That is OK because I will just keep going the best I can each day.  I try to laugh as much as possible and to not get too stressed (easier sometimes than other times).  If someone wants to talk about this, I do not have a problem talking about my MS.  I know there are fears of the unknown.  I have had many myself.  Knowledge and being able to communicate what you are feeling and thinking, is the best way that I have found to get through the day.
 

No comments: