Friday, November 7, 2008

We hit a slow down

We haven't had anyone working on the remodeling for the last two days. It has been very frustrating to find out why. I finally had the owner out to the house yesterday to see what color we wanted the cabinets. We had told them when they were brought to the house they were too light. Instead of doing anything to darken them, they went ahead and installed them saying they would darken them in place. When I showed the owner what we wanted, which was a lot darker than what we had, he almost choked. He was expecting a little darkening not a lot. He said he would have to strip the color all the way down and start again. At this point, I just wanted to get this project going again so I asked what he was thinking. We did agree on a darker color but not as dark as I had wanted. I wonder if they had delayed the project for this reason, so I would not make a big change.

The next big surprise to us was the tile for the bath and the back splash for the kitchen. We had picked it out when we picked the flooring. They had told us that we just needed to tell them what we chose and they would order. THEY NEVER DID! We were asked yesterday to go buy the tile and they would reimburse us using the allowance they were going to charge us. If we had known this, we would have bought everything when we found it. As it is, the tile we want is no longer in stock and it will take over a week to get now. We don't have that time. We have to go out and find something else and it has to be in stock that we can get right away. Anger doesn't even begin to be one of our emotions right now. We are worrying about this project being finished at all. Is this company now having money problems? Will everything get done? Will we have to hire someone else to finish? I really hope not. I am trying to keep things together and my other half calm. You just can't vent and I need that right now. Just keep good thoughts that this remodeling project finishes on time.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

If you ever need to vent - give me a call or shoot me an email ... I am always here!! Try to stay positive - I am sure it will all work out. Just frustrating getting to that point.

Love you!!