Friday, November 21, 2008

It's Friday and the Remodeling is not even close to being finished

It's Friday. So what has happened today. The countertops for the kitchen have not been done. They went to get the granite after asking us where the granite was as they forgot they had sent us to their stone place. Guess what - our granite is no longer available there. They had to go and find it somewhere else. The word is they found some but do we take their word? It won't be ready until about Tuesday or maybe Wednesday. When does Jennifer and family arrive? Wednesday! Hmmm, do we have a small problem.

How about finishing the cabinets - putting in the drawers, drawers, shelves? How about putting my double oven in and getting it working? How about completing the pantry so I can at least put my stuff away? Oh, we will do that when we bring the countertops. Why can't someone do it now! I told Ed that he will have a problem with the stove top as a drawer will be in its way when you try to put it back. He was surprised. Oh, did I tell you that it took several days of phone calls and emails before we even talked with this man. Even so, he doesn't like to stay on the phone. He just thinks what ever he says will be acceptable.

We have the tile on now and the window in the bathroom. The wall has had some concrete put on it but the stucco is not complete. We can deal with that. We just don't have faucets, or a shower head, or sinks, or light fixtures in the master bathroom. We have the physical items but they just haven't been put on. The floor in the 2nd bathroom is supposed to be taken up once we get the new toilet put in the master. You know what's funny, I told the guys here tonight before they left that I guess they will be back so they can put on the new toilet and take up the old floor so the new floor can be put down, etc. They basically said "not my job". So, who will come tomorrow?

I have already cried and I am sure there will be many more times. My excitement for this new project has died. It is taking all I can do just to get through each day knowing that it is not finished and wondering how we are going to have Jennifer and the kids here without them getting hurt.

I know we still have a couple of days but at the rate that they work, its not going to happen. We are stuck. I guess I can write "What not to do with a remodeling project". I have no clue when the end will be. I'm sorry Jenn.

No comments: