Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cabinets have been delivered

The cabinets were delivered today and they are the wrong color! We based the whole color scheme on a dark brown color for the cabinets. Everything was coordinating. It was going to look good. The cabinets show up a light color - uh, no!

Now Dad thought it was the color we had chosen. I started to believe it until I went to lunch. I left to have some time away from the house and the more I sat and thought about things, the more I started shaking my head. (People were looking at me a little concerned). I knew it was wrong. I remembered that we were handed a cabinet door painted in the color of Honey. I liked the look of it and we found a granite that would go well with the color. We then found a floor tile that would stand out against the dark colors. We moved onto a back splash and found an expensive one but one that would look real sharp. Now we have a big mess. Nothing works.

I had Dad call the contractor as I was at lunch and did not have the number. Besides, he said he could handle things, so he needed to make a call. Seems fair. He called and left a message for the owner. We haven't heard anything yet. I know it will mean that the cabinets will have to be repainted. They will have to be picked up from the house as they haven't been installed yet. What time delay will this cause, I don't know. I hope not a big delay. We are paying for this remodel and we need to have it the way we want it. If we don't, I can see myself not liking anything about it.

It may be holding things up for awhile but that is the way it goes. I am very stubborn when I want things my way. I guess they will see that side very soon when I fight for what I want. Hey, this job couldn't have gone perfect anyway. It's not Murphy's Law!

No comments: