Friday, April 20, 2007

Physical Therapy

I have started on physical therapy to get some strength in my legs and hopefully to lose some weight too. I have a problem with doing the regular exercises because I can't get overheated as it will affect my legs. My legs will get "heavy" feeling and it becomes difficult to walk. The foot catches on things as I walk and makes one feel that you will fall. I haven't but the feeling is there and it is scary.

So I am going to a new place and so far it seems very nice. I was just evaluated today and given some exercises to do at home. I will go twice a week.

I have been doing so well for so long that when my legs started to act up on me again, it came as a big surprise. I did have a cold a few weeks ago and usually that will bring on a problem. I guess my body wanted to stay to form. : )

The problem isn't real bad so I am hoping that I have caught it before it did progress. If it does progress, then I will contact the doctor and ask for a dosage of steroid to stop things. I am hoping it doesn't come to that.

It is a rainy day today. Our winter just came late - rain is like your snow on the east coast. Crazy weather!

2 comments:

Abby said...

I will pray that it is nothing serious.

Jenn said...

Good luck with the physical therapy. Just take it easy, take your time ... I have every confidence that you will take care of yourself and pay attention to what your body is telling you.

By the way, I think it is a big step that you are admitting when you are having issues - even little ones - Bravo you! haha