Saturday, April 21, 2007

CHESTER

We just got back from the vet this morning. We took Chester in because he has been throwing up quite a bit lately. He does have a problem with his kidneys and that is why he is on special diet cat food for his kidneys. Its a little expensive when you can buy a bag of cat food for cheaper but he is only one cat so the bag lasts for a while.

The vet needed to do some blood work and check his blood pressure. He has high blood pressure so we have to give him some medicine everyday for that. He needs to take Pepsid AC, 1/2 tab everyday for his stomach to help with his throwing up. This visit costs us almost $300.

As much as we love Chester, the vet bills are becoming quite high. We just paid out a little over $500 in October for this same problem. It may be getting to be his time. There is nothing the vet can do except maintain him. He isn't going to get well from this problem. He is in renal failure.

Chester could live for some time being maintained but I am not sure we can continue paying out the huge vet bills to do it. We will have to see what happens with him. Just be prepared if we have to put him down. I guess that is for me too.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That is SO sad. Chester is the best cat. He is so sweet and loveable. It makes me so sad to even think of you guys putting him down. I understand what you are saying, but it is still so very sad. That will be a ver difficult decision for you, I am sure, when the time comes. You will have to keep me updated on him. I love that big guy.