Sunday, July 31, 2011

The House

     We now have flyers and our For Sale Sign out front.  The official start will be this evening and then we should get phone calls wanting to look at the property.

     There is now another house in the community which has the same square footage as we do except it does not have a great view and it has a detached garage.  It is actually lower by $200,000, they just did a price change.  We are not in a hurry to sell so we will be OK.  It isn't very good news for us but we will deal with the problem.

     We do have a lock box on the front door.  We had an option of either putting it on the whole time or put it outside when we leave.  I just said put it on the door.  It is one less thing I have to worry about when making sure all the other rooms are ready to be viewed.  Of course we don't think it will sell very quickly but that is usually when the opposite happens.  It would be great for us if it does sell quickly or at least sell for the price or close to it.  We would then rent for the remainder time we are here and still go back to the South Carolina house in the spring and fall.

     Now I was told not to stress about the house.  We are not going to sell just to sell but wait for that right offer.  Hmm, I think I will still stress about the house because I want it presentable.  It would be my luck to go out for a short trip and have someone show up to look and it isn't straightened.  I always hated this part of the selling.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Can you send me a link to the listing?