Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day One Over

I had my steroid infusion of solumedrol today at the Hoag Cancer Center.  This is where their outpatient center is for infusions.  The nurse, Mary Lou, was excellent.  I had the needle put into my left hand as the veins were in good shape.  I also wanted to leave my right free to be able to write in my journal and do word search.  I had my tootsie roll pops as the the steroid leaves a metal taste in your mouth and you can't get rid of it by drinking water.  You can drink sugared iced tea and eating does not get affected.  It doesn't last a long time.  Usually until dinner time.  I had my infusion at 9:30 AM and it lasts 2 hours.

I am having the same problem I usual have in that I can't sleep.  I even took a sleeping pill which usually helps and it is not doing anything for me tonight.  The other problems is I am due to have another infusion tomorrow morning, or I should say today, Sunday, at the same time, 9:30.

I am usually stay awake all night and day before I sleep the next night.  How will this work if I am having back to back infusions?  Will I be awake through tomorrow night too?  If so, I would be wake for 3 days before I can sleep.

No comments: