Saturday, October 25, 2008

Work has started

We have been living in dust and more dust all week since the project began. The contractor has been very steady and have had people here everyday doing things. I did send out pictures to everyone but I am not sure they were received. I have been trying to take pictures everyday. It is hard sometimes to notice the changes unless you are here. I will be so happy to be able to clean and have things back to normal. I know Chester will like that as he is always shut into the second bedroom during the day when the workmen are here. He really starts meowing near the end of the day as if saying "I am tired of being in here and I want to know what is going on".

Here is the room before:





Now the demo begins and the mess:




How quickly they were able to remove everything in the kitchen. Then they started to form the new wall and to open the wall up to the view.




The tile floor was removed from the kitchen and entry way.




We always have to do a search when we need anything as some things are in the main room and others are in the 2nd bedroom.




Wait until you see the end of the week progress! You won't believe it.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Jon and I got the pictures from you... it's amazing that you are still able to live there while all the construction is going on. I'm sure you will be glad when it's all finished though... How much longer do you have?

Mom B. said...

Things should be finished by November 20, the week before Thanksgiving.