Monday, October 13, 2008

Update on my foot and remodeling

I did not realize that I had not updated from my last doctor's appointment. I am no longer in the boot and on the crutches. I was put into a running shoe with a lift insert. I use my cane to walk for any distance outside the house. Walking is going better but I still feel the pull on the tendon. I am sure that will get better over time. The doctor did not want me to drive unless I can brake the car without putting strain on the tendon. So far, I have not tried. I need to tomorrow as I want to try and get my nails done. I know that this does not sound like a big emergency but trust me, my nails are so long that I am afraid they are going to get caught and break off. Not a pleasant thought. It really hurts if that happens. I am hoping that I don't injure that tendon.

I see the doctor again next week. If I am doing better then, he will probably tell me to start physical therapy. The therapy will start slowly as he doesn't want the aggressive therapy just yet. What a long process this has been!

We went out this weekend to buy up the supplies for the remodeling. We bought 2 sinks for the bathroom, a new garbage disposal, 2 new faucets for the bathroom sinks, a new faucet and shower for the new tub, a curved shower rod for the bath, and we looked and looked at tile for the floor, back splash for the kitchen and bath, and tile for around the bath tub and shower. The only thing we finally settled on was the tile for the main flooring. I ordered 500 square feet of it today. It is in stock and will be delivered Thursday of this week. It amounts to about 2 pallets of tile. The kitchen sink and faucet is being priced and Dad has not received the quote yet. He asked for the price from one of his subs that he works with all the time. The bathtub was ordered through a sub and we are waiting for that to arrive.

We have done fairly well on getting our supplies. We are still short on some things because we need to get a piece of the granite that is being used in the bathroom to pick out the back splash and tile for the wall around the bath. We still need to get some lights, mirrors, cabinet handles, dimmers, and paint. Not too much! We also have to remove everything out of the cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom as we will be getting new ones.

On Monday, the demo will start and both the kitchen and bathroom will be attacked. I don't know when they will demo the floor but I am sure that will be a very noisy and dirty job. I am not looking forward to it. Hopefully I will be able to drive and Dad can stay here while I go to my appointment. It will give me a break from the noise and dust anyway.

Dad is also the Inspector for the Election at the polling place that we usually work at and he told me he does not want me to work for a couple of reasons. One, he said it would be a long day and he was concerned about me and my foot. I am used to the long day as I have worked there before but I understand about the concern about my foot. There were times this weekend that I did not think I could make it because of all the walking. My foot ached!

The second reason is that he wants me here for the remodeling. I know that is important but I also know this election is important too. I am mad that I can't be there to help out. I know there isn't anything I can do to change that decision but I am still not happy about it.

No comments: