Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oops I did it again!

I haven't even finished my physical therapy for achilles tendon problem, yet I have managed to get another problem. Saturday night we were getting ready to go out to dinner. This was our last night before we would be heading home on Sunday, August 10. Showers were taken and I had just finished in the bathroom. When I opened the door, I rammed it into my right foot, more precisely the two small toes. BOY DID IT HURT!!

After the initial shock wore off, I finished getting ready. It was then that I discovered I could not wear any shoes except my tennis shoes. My little toe was on its way to swelling up big time. My cane was really needed now.

I had physical therapy on Monday and the therapist took a look. She suggested I go to a doctor to have the foot looked at as it the toe looked broken. Great... something else I needed!

I had the appointment today and he has said the same thing, it looks like the little toe is broken BUT he also said he was concerned about the 4th metatarsal bone being broken too. If this was true, he would have to surgically go in and fix it. I had x-rays but I am waiting to hear what the decision will be. What a time for Dad to be out of town!

No comments: