Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dad is home and then gone again

Dad made it home yesterday. His plane even arrived earlier than expected. I had just arrived at the airport, parked the car and was walking to the terminal when I received a call. Dad told me he had arrived and was looking for me. I just thought he was still on the plane, as you can call once the plane lands. No, he was actually in the terminal. It was only 4:15. His plane wasn't supposed to be arriving until 4:30. So now we had to figure out where we were and walk towards each other.

It felt like a game of Mark-o Polo. It didn't take us long to find each other and I think he was just glad to be back. Another good reason about the early arrival was we didn't have to pay for any parking expense. I wasn't in the parking lot but a few minutes.

The temperature was 73 degrees compared to 103 degrees when he left Las Vegas. BIG difference. Dad said he could actually breath and his eyes weren't drying out from the heat. We stopped for dinner and then went home. It was so nice to have him home again.

He had to leave this morning to go down to Carlsbad, which is about an hour's drive from us for a Business Planning meeting with the company. I thought about trying to go for the dinner tonight. I tried to wear regular shoes yesterday when we went to dinner. It really didn't work. My toes were still sore and my achilles heel also started to hurt. I had to pass. Dad will be back tomorrow afternoon so it won't be too long. I am just tired of being by myself.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Isn't there a saying - distance makes the heart grow fonder ..... just think of how "fond" your hearts will be when he is finally home for longer than a few hours! haha I know it can be lonely being on your own ... maybe you should try and pick up some more hobbies or join a book club so you will have that extra network of people to talk to, especially during these long stretches of time alone. Just a thought.