Sunday, May 24, 2015

The trip....part two and other stuff

Remember in part 1, when I had mentioned that Sam took advantage of two wine tastings, well, he met the maitre' de  of the restaurants, and they hit if off.  They had a common bond, being Italian.  When Sam mentioned to him later that we did not have a chance to drink our champaign we had brought because we wanted it with the strawberries, he explained that strawberries were hard to get and this was why it was not offered on the menu.  This did not mean he did not have any, it just meant the strawberries were not offered to the general population.  Georgio would take care of it.  Later that afternoon/evening we had a knock on our cabin door and in walks a waiter with a tray of chocolate covered strawberries.  What a treat!

I think that might be the reason we are on the DVD.  Georgio was the person who was standing at the the top of the champagne glasses doing the waterfall of champaign.  Anyone who wanted could take a turn and have their picture taken with him and spilling champaign down the glasses.  We did just that - I was able to get up the few steps (with help) to the top and have our photo opportunity.  This same shot was in the DVD.  As I had mentioned before, what a surprise it was to see us on the DVD.

After we finally returned home, reality came back into our lives.  Doctors and dentist appointments once again reared their ugly heads.  I had switched dentists when I had lost a back tooth and it was recommended to me to have an implant because of the way my teeth were aligned.  If I didn't, I could lose other teeth.  The dentist I had, wanted me to do this implant procedure in his office.  He thought I might be able to get away with one if he positioned it in the center.  I was uneasy about that and went and got a second opinion.  I was so happy I did?  The dentist I have now suggested that I see an oral surgeon to have the procedure and then he would take it from there.  The surgeon told me I should have two implants because just one centered would not work.  I would have further troubles.  I was sedated to relax me but not to put me out completely.  I was aware of everything but I never felt anything.

I have since moved on to now being back with my new dentist.  Dr. Reynolds had to do a comprehensive  evaluation on me (being a new patient) to see how my teeth were and what if anything needed to be done.  He saw some old fillings had started to leak causing space to develope between teeth.  I needed three new crowns on the top left, two new crowns over the implants on the bottom left and one on the lower right.  Once all this work was done, I would be good to go.  What fun...not!  I should have three crowns finished next week and the start of the two bottom left (implants) started.  Basically taking impressions for the crowns.  At least the chair has a movement to massage your back while you are sitting/laying there.  It's kinda a neat feature for a dentist office.  The dentist isn't bad looking either... :-)

I had my spinal tap done a few days ago.  Everything went well and I did not have any headache afterwards.  I won't know any results for another 4 weeks.  I did learn that my back has a small curve in it which caused a problem getting between two vertebrae that is usually used.  Instead of the 4th and 5th, I need to remind a doctor to use the 3rd and 4th if another tap has to be done.  I don't see that happening anytime soon.  I did need to have other blood work done at the same time.  So far, all I can tell from the results is that I have MS.  Well, how about that......

We are waiting for our paintings we had purchased from the cruise to arrive.  We are hoping this week but what else can we do but wait.  We will be changing the walls in the main part of the house to the artwork.  We took the family pictures down and have moved them to the other rooms.  We can't wait to see everything again!  We are so excited to see the new look.

I am using my walker more now than before.  Especially shopping or going very far but I have had to use even in the house.  I have taken a couple of falls lately but no injuries.  I catch myself before I completely hit the ground.  MS is such a pain.....more ways than others.

No comments: