Saturday, May 23, 2015

The trip, and....

I didn't know what to call this entry.  Maybe it will come to me as I get into the message.

We had a great time on our cruise the end of April when we went to the Caribbean.  We had great weather and the ship was very large and beautiful.  If you ever get a chance, look at their website and look for the Royal Princess and see a short video about the ship. The Princess Cruiseline staff were very helpful for us because I used my wheelchair the whole time around the ship.  I didn't in the suite.  Yes, I said suite.  We had a mini-suite that was handicapped accessible.  We also had a large balcony with privacy.  We brought a bottle of Almond Champaign with us in hopes of having chocolate covered strawberries with it.  Alas we never saw it on the room service menu or at the restaurants.  We were disappointed.

Wine tastings were offered on three different days and Sam took advantage of two them.  I was on my own and even though it took some effort to get around by myself, I still managed to wheel myself around going. On and off elevators, doing a little shopping or just enjoying watching the activities that were going on.  One such activity was a ring toss around bottles of champaign.  It was the ship's champaign so it wasn't the greatest but OK.  I watched people take their turn and only one bottle was won from three.  People gave up and the search was on to find anyone to continue the game.  They asked me and I told them I couldn't stand to do it but the person told me to come and try it anyway.  I was placed closer than the others.  My first try missed.  My second try missed but was close.  I was successful with my last toss and was able to put the ring around the bottle.  It was fun doing a game but now I had two bottles of champaign.  Ours and the prize.  I had to get it back to the room and drop it off.

We went to an art auction aboard ship and bought 5 pieces of art and a poster by Leroy Neiman.  Whenever we left the action, we were given, along with everyone, else a lithograph print of a painting by one of the artists being represented.  We received two (we went twice).

On one of the excursions we took on St. Thomas, we stopped into a shop to look at some pirate items.  We bought a baseball cap  with a pirate them, a new pirate flag for the boat because, after all, the Black Pearl needs to have her flag.  We also picked up a large map of the Caribbean.

We also did some diamond shopping.  I have a new diamond necklace.  We also bought on ship another necklace to go with one of my long dresses to wear.  There were two formal nights but we didn't dress that formal.  We did dress up but that was all that was needed.

Pictures were taken by us and by the photographers on the ship.  We have some nice ones from the two formal nights and when they did the champaign waterfall.  We also bought their DVD showing things about the cruise and activities that happened during the cruise.  It was a big surprise to us seeing us on the DVD.  First a movie, now a DVD.  We are famous...

Once we returned to the states, we had little problem getting through security or immigration.  We found our shuttle to get our car (we had it at a Park N Go), picked it up and away we went home to South Carolina.

to be continued....



No comments: