Thursday, January 5, 2012

The foot is healing well

I just had a doctor's follow up yesterday and the foot is progressing very well.  So well that he said I could go into a running shoe.  Yea!

I am not having the problems that I had the last time (knock on wood) and I am very happy about that.  I see the doctor again in three weeks but I am hoping that I won't have to see him before then.  It did feel a little weird when I put a regular shoe on rather than the boot.  I am getting used to the change.

I have now put on my AFO (a brace to keep my right foot up so I don't stumble ((at least that is the goal))).  I didn't want to use it when I had the boot on my left foot.  It would have been too much.

It will still take time for the foot to feel normal but I am just happy right now that I am not having the problems like last time.  I guess the New Year of 2012 is going to be a better one for me.

No comments: