Sunday, June 29, 2008

Six weeks and counting....

I had a doctor's appointment last week. I was still having some discomfort and swelling so the doctor prescribed that I get an MRI of the ankle. I did get in fairly quickly and the results were within a day of the exam.

The doctor called with no definite news. This means that there is some inflammation there but the MRI did not pick up the tear. He told me that there still might be one but just hidden from view. He did say that an old tear showed up but it was nothing to be concerned about as most people have this type of tear every time the person would roll their ankle. The bottom line is that I continue with my physical therapy for the next 4 weeks, start using a regular shoe but no sandals or going bare foot, and then see him at the end of the 4 weeks and decide what to do next if things have not healed. I may elect to have surgery to clean out the tendon area if this will make things better.

I wore my tennis shoes yesterday all day and my foot ached by the evening. I have the boot on today to give it a break. Of course, it has to be hot too today. That boot can keep things warm.

I will just continue with my home exercises and using an ice pack. Six weeks have gone by since this all started. Here is to another 4!

No comments: