Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Waiting Game

     We have two waiting games going on for us right now.  I am waiting to hear from my neurologist to tell me if I am a candidate to start on Gilenya.  I had the blood test and the eye exam.  I think because of the holiday, it may be later next week before I find out anything.  The reading material I received has been read several times.  I did check online for any further information but it all basically said what the reading material said.  My neurologist felt that the Avonex was a weaker drug and Gilenya is better.  I have been on Avonex since 1997.  I would imagine that the other drugs would have a different affect on me and still reach the same conclusion, to cut down the flare-ups that I have been having and slow things down.

     There will be two other drugs coming out later this year.  One of the new ones, did read very hopeful.  It is now being reviewed by the FDA.  Right now it is called BG-12.  I could wait for that one too if I am not able to take the Gilenya.

     The other waiting game has to do with my better half.  All the work has been done, the presentation to the owners was a success, and now everyone waits to hear about the decision as to whom will be building the Edmonton Oilers Arena.  Clark Construction is hoping they will be awarded this project.  It will be the first job outside the US.  I have met the Canadian folks that are joint venturing with Clark on this job, and they are very nice.  I have already been asked to visit if Sam needs to go there.  I wish I could share the renderings of the arena, but they are confidential right now.  It is neat though!

     I also just found out that if Clark Construction has been chosen, and I think they will, it will mean that we will either go back to California (San Diego area) or to Edmonton, Canada, for a year.  What I think will happen is this:  We will go back to the San Diego area and Sam will fly back and forth to Canada from there.  We should know what the decision will be by the middle of next week, April 9-13.

     We ordered patio furniture finally.  We are getting another chair, that rocks and swivels, a love seat, a side table, and a coffee table.  We still don't have a dining table for the chairs to go around but at least we have a little more seating.  That table will be next on the list, so we can have meals outside.

     We are slowly moving out of boxes.  The book case from IKEA is already full.  We will need to get another piece of furniture to hold the other things we have that hasn't found a home yet.  I am hoping very soon that I will have my space to do my crafts and scrap booking.  It will be so nice when I don't have to put everything away because someone wanted to see the house.

     Speaking of the house, the California house should have a closing date sometime next week.  It will depend on how fast all the papers are put together for escrow.  All the documents are there, but someone has to put it all together and they aren't in a rush like the rest of us.  It is still a go for the sale and it will such a relief to have that portion behind us.

No comments: