Monday, April 30, 2012

New Medication

I will be starting a new oral MS drug called Gilenya on Monday, May 7.  I will be arriving at 9:00 am and then spend the next 6 hours in the doctors office.  This drug can cause heart problems and this is why they want you to start it first with them.  I don't anticipate any problems.  I have to make sure I bring things to do, things I might want to snack on, reading material, etc.  Oh yeah, and wear comfortable clothing.

I am going to be getting the new Nicholas Spark's book by the end of this week, so I am sure I will read the whole book while there.

I attended a support group last Friday but I wasn't able to stay very long as I had to go to a doctor's appointment on Hilton Head.  It can take about 30 minutes to get over there depending on traffic.  It was just a check up from my surgery on that Monday.  I am doing fine by the way and the Botox in the bladder has helped.  It is so strange not to have those urges to rush to the bathroom but I can go when I want or need too.  I know...too much information or TMI.

We still haven't pin down a general doctor yet but we are closer.  It is down to two.  We can go with a service of several doctors or a single doctor.  We like the service of several doctors because this facility has everything you would need.  If you need an x-ray, or a blood test, you won't have to anywhere as it will all be right there.  The single doctor has just moved from New York but he has a number of years experience.  He is just starting to get his patiences for his practice so that might be a good one.

I am going to start with a personal trainer in a couple of days.  Hampton Lake has a fitness center and you have a chance to either work with a trainer or not.  I just elected to work with one.  The fitness center is aware of my MS so I will see how everything plays out.

No comments: