Tuesday, September 27, 2011

House Update and a Me Update

We haven't had an offer of any kind yet.  We did have a couple come back a second time and was asking a lot of questions with our realtor during an Open House on Sunday.  She felt we should have a contract from the way they were talking and even went so far as trying to place furniture.  All good signs, right?  So far there hasn't been any offers or communication from either side.  Frustrating when you get excited about the idea and it doesn't happen.  We will continue on to keep the house for sale.  Maybe we will get an offer, like Jon did when he was on vacation.  We are going to South Carolina for two weeks.  Maybe...

I am still in my boot.  I had some pain with my foot so bad that I couldn't stand on it.  I went to the doctor and he took an X-Ray again and the stress fracture is healing but not quickly.  He said all the pain I was having was still from the stress fracture.  The doctor did give me an anti-inflammatory to take twice a day to help reduce the inflammation and pain.  There are times when I think that I am getting better and then I do too much walking and the foot starts to hurt again.  I am to see the doctor in a month and he is hoping everything will finally be better.  I have my fingers crossed.

On a different note, it looks like we are going to have to have Frankie get an operation on his right hind quarter around the knee.  His knee cap keeps moving and it is putting a strain on his bones and ligaments as well as giving him pain if he runs a certain way.  There will be a lot involved in rehabilitation but if we don't do anything, Frankie's leg will become lame.  This is the hardest decision for us to make.  Frankie seems to do OK and we think, "OK, he is doing alright so we wait and see if there are any changes."  Then he yelps from pain when he has done something and then we go back to the surgery.  I have a call into the doctor to ask a few more questions.  It really does look like we will getting the surgery for him.  What he has is called Medial Patellar Luxation.


No comments: