Saturday, February 28, 2009

Missing wedding ring

Dad came home from work on Friday and asked if I wanted to go out to dinner. I said sure but I had to change first. Off I went to the bedroom and changed clothes and put on my jewelry. If you have ever noticed me, I wear a diamond ring on my ring finger and my wedding band on my little finger. I do this because the wedding band sometimes fits my finger until it gets too warm and my fingers swell.

So I was dressed and off we went to the restaurant. We had a nice meal and then returned home. We didn't go anywhere else. So between the house and restaurant, I lost the ring. I have searched all over the place and can't find it anywhere.

I do have the other one but we can't figure out how the wedding ring came off my finger. I am upset that it has happened. This is my second band. Dad lost his original one when we were planting bushes in front of our house in Darnestown. Somewhere in that ground is a man's white gold wedding band! After much discussion, we picked out new wedding bands. I still have my original one but it won't even come close to the gold band we had the second time.

I keep hearing, "Don't worry, it will turn up" but it still bothers me that I don't have a ring on my finger. I feel naked without one. The search continues. Maybe we should think about getting another wedding band so Murphy's law will kick in. Once you buy something, the other one will show up.

What a bummer of a day this has turned out to be!

No comments: