Saturday, April 12, 2008

The MS Walk

Betty's Builders walked today for finding a cure for MS. Our team stood at about 20-25 people but we raised, at this point. $32,000 with other money coming in. We walked at the University of California/Irvine campus. I am not sure how many people were in attendance but there were a lot!

There were dogs of all sizes and breeds. They all actually got a long with one another. Some of the bigger dogs were afraid of the smaller ones which was comical to see.

It was a HOT day. We were in the 90's and it was only 10:30 in the morning. Last year we needed to wear jackets to walk as it was chilly. Much water was drank this day. When we left UCI, we had to make a run to TCBY for yogurt as this usually cools me down. I was very red in the face (and not from embarrassment).

During the walk, my wheelchair had a malfunction : ( One of the front wheels broke. It broke at a welding site so one of our group took the chair to see if their welder could fix it. We should know next week. If it can't be fixed, I will just get a new one. We have had that chair for quite a while and it has been many places. I usually don't have to use it unless we are going on a very long walk. I certainly could not do a lot of walking today because of the heat. My legs were not cooperating.

Clark really did a nice job with our tent. The company provided water and candy. We also had jump ropes, yo-yo's, pens, band aid containers with Clark Construction name upon them. Be prepared to be receiving something in the mail for the grandchildren.

No comments: