Friday, August 24, 2007

TIME GOES BY SO FAST

It has been awhile since I last posted and the only reason for it has been time. Where did the time go?

I was busy with my MS Support Group in getting a new location for us, making sure notices went out, and having all the supplies needed for the meeting.

I am also on a Government Relations Committee with the MS Society and I was chosen to represent the disabled with the Operations of Emergency Services for the State of California. I was sent by email a document to review which was 483 pages long. After printing it off, which took almost a full ream of paper, I had to read it. It wasn't an exciting paper. The document talked about how California was going to handle floods, earthquakes, wild fires, tusanamies, and any other emergencies. I was to review to make my comments regarding the disabled. The paper did not have much and I had to point that out.

I also had to take care of the house with cleaning, laundry, and other stuff. I had to call and get my cleaning people back as I wasn't doing a very good job or at least I felt I wasn't. It was very hard for me to try and stay on top of things. I would get tired easily and that lead to things being put off until another day. Dad helped some but he has been so tired lately with his job that I did not want to add more to him.

We also had to have a termite service in to take care of a termite problem. Dad had to cut back a beam over the garage as it was messed up from the termites and wood rot. He had to go to Home Depot and buy a couple of sanders for the job but he needed them anyway. Besides he likes going to Home Depot. I guess it is a guy thing! We still have about 14 boards under our eave, that are gone from termites that need to be replaced but this is going to require removing some roof to get to them. They are at the peak of the house. Not an easy job to get too. So this will be a major job and a major cost. I don't know when we will get to that!!

We are also trying to figure out where we are going to live after Dad retires. Now Dad is not retiring for at least another 5 years. We aren't sure whether to buy a home already built, buy land and build later, or stay in California. Where do we look? We are checking out North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Colorado, Oregon, and Tennessee. I am sure there will be others.

Dad and I miss everyone and wish we could make more trips to see everyone. It is that time thing again. Where does this thing called TIME go?

No comments: