Friday, August 10, 2007

Baby Blankets




I have been crocheting baby blankets to give to a hospital for their neonatal unit. I have made about 6 blankets and I gave two away. The others showing were ones that I gave to the Irvine Regional Hospital. This was the same hospital were Jennifer gave birth to Noah. The neonatal unit helped with giving Noah a start with his life. To see him now you would not recognize him as a baby that weighed 3 pounds at birth and had so many problems.

Madilynn was also born there and also had a visit in the neonatal unit. The nurses do some great work.

When I gave the blankets to the unit, the nurses were very surprised and grateful. They have some other blankets to give to a lucky boy or girl. The nurses said they would be glad to take others. So my work is cut out for me. They were fun and easy to make. Sorry for a picture sideways. The colors were blue, purple, light yellow, and cream. I also did one in pink but we gave that one to Dad's assistant who was going out on maternity and was having a baby girl.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

That is so wonderful. The blankets look so nice!! I know from experience that having that blanket to cover the isolette while your baby is staying in the NICU is comforting because it adds a bit of tenderness to the sanitary hospital setting ... then to be able to take it home is just a sweet reminder of the miracles in life.
So from one NICU mom .... Thanks! That's awesome!

Love you!

Abby said...

Mom, They are beautiful...such wonderful keepsakes! Handmade anything is ALWAYS better than store bought...

Michelle said...

They look so nice and soft... and small enough that they probably didn't take too long to make. Such a nice thing to do for the babies (and their families) in the NICU. :)