Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Recovery Day 1 1/2

This is officially my first full day of recovery from the surgery yesterday.  My foot hurts and is swollen.  I am too keep it elevated and put ice on it 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off through my waking time.  I haven't been real good about the ice but I am keeping it elevated.  The pain meds do help but I usually have to take 2 at a time.  It doesn't phase me taking that much.  One will not handle it.

Everything went very well.  The doctors and nurses at the outpatient surgery center are very nice and I didn't have to present my ID or Health Cards as they just recently had them from May.  I mean I was getting oh, you are back again.  We just saw you in May.  That is sad when they know you by name.

I will get the bandage changed on Friday with another set of x-rays and a check on things.  I was told it will take 6-8 weeks to heal.  I also was told I could fly December 23 to Maryland but I will just double check on that to be on the safe side.

I had to sleep in the recliner last night as sleeping in the bed didn't work out.  Besides it being a little uncomfortable, Sam keep me awake with his snoring and movement.  Something is going on with him and I wish I knew what to do about it.  In my opinion, I really believe he wants to stop working now and to take up residence in our home in Bluffton, South Carolina.  This will happen soon but probably not as soon as he wants right now.  Now he seems to be having a problem with his heart and high blood pressure.  Naturally he doesn't believe its anything to worry about and tries to blow it off.  I know better and won't let it go.  He will see the doctor whether it be him making the appointment or myself, he will be going.

I will just keep this updated as time progresses.

No comments: