Thursday, November 10, 2011

Update on Jenny Craig

I have now been on this diet for about a month now.  There have been times when it has been difficult to maintain the diet, especially when I see something I really want to have.  I did fight through that desire but it hasn't gone away.  I still struggle but I have been pretty good in not eating anything extra.

I have lost 10 pounds now.  I am very proud of myself for this accomplishment.  I still have a ways to go but this is a good start.  The food isn't bad and you can add fresh vegetables at each meal.  Most of the vegetables are a free add on so you can them anytime of the day.  I am not supposed to eat potatoes, peas, or corn.  This has been fuzzy to me as some of the meals have just those items.  I really think it is all about the size of the portion.

I am continuing on in hopes that this will be the last diet I will have to be on; I am pretty sure it will the last diet.  There will be times when the weight will go on because of medications.  I can't stop that but I want to give myself a fighting chance.  Besides, the doctors I see want the weight loss too.

The holidays are coming up quickly but I can deal with this too.  I can eat anything I want but I just need to watch how much and control the extra eating.  I have enjoyed the holidays and making all the cookies, fudge, pies, etc., but this will be a big test to see if I can manage my diet.  Right now, I am confident that I can do this too.

No comments: