Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Jenny Craig

     I have started on the Jenny Craig diet.  I have only been on it for three days but the food isn't bad.  I am doing it to lose weight (obviously) from all the steroids I had to take for the MS.  This has been something I have been wanting to do for some time.  I want to look and feel better.

     Of course, my weight has not been an issue with my better half.  He loves me just the way I am.  I am grateful for this, but unless you feel OK about yourself, it is difficult to accept.  I have always struggled with my weight.  It is part genetics but the medication I have to take everyday, doesn't help.  I am not able to do much in the way of exercise so the diet is my only option right now.  I am hoping that by losing weight, I might be able to do a little more than what I can right now.  Once retirement is in place, I want to be able to enjoy the rest of our lives together whether it be traveling, volunteering, or just visiting family.

     What got me thinking more in this direction and actually doing it, was a promotion that Jenny Craig offered.  They were offering the diet half off the current price.  That was a big savings!  When I heard that, I couldn't pass it up.

     It does require us to have two different meals but we are going to work through that problem.  So far it has been working fine.  I know this is the beginning but I have high hope that I will succeed.

No comments: