Saturday, June 19, 2010

An unwelcome visitor

About a week ago, I was out walking Frankie in the afternoon. It was a very nice day and we had a very nice walk. When we returned home, we were met with a very unexpected visitor. Frankie did not notice it, thank goodness, but I surely did! It was a SNAKE.



A snake right on the sidewalk to the front door of our house. I had to think - was this a poisonous one or non? I didn't see a rattle so I was safe from that type. What kind was it?

We were able to get around it as it would move away from us when we got closer. I had already picked Frankie up. I had actually done that as soon as I saw the snake. I did not want him to go sniffing at this thing! We got into the house, I put him down, and I grab my camera! I had to show Dad what we had show up. Out the front door I went, camera in hand. This is what I saw...



OK, he was big. I looked at the Southern California snakes and I think it is a Garter snake. It looks like the picture anyway as it has that yellow strip that runs the length of its body like a garter would on a woman. Anyway, it is non poisonous. What excitement that was!

No comments: